Songbird brings us a fun Friday Five from the RevGalsBlogPals:
1) Which of the Winter Olympic sports is your favorite to watch?
I love to watch the snowboarding, because that's my kids' sport, but it scares me to watch the half-pipe, just like it has when my kids have done it. And call me sappy, but I really do like the ice dancing, mostly.
2) Some of the uniforms have attracted attention this year, such as the US Snowboarders' pseudo-flannel shirts
and the Norwegian Curling team's -- ahem -- pants.
Who do you think had the best-looking uniforms?
I actually like the Nordic event outfits, mostly because they show how incredibly buff those folks are! Norwegians, particularly, in those great red suits.
3) And Curling. Really? What's up with that?
It sort of looks like something surveyors do. Not my thing. And as for those Norwegian curlers' argyle pants, they look like something from the Last Markdown rack at K-Mart.
4) Define Nordic Combined. Don't look it up. Take a guess if you must.
Ski jumping and cross-country ski race. Go Bill Demong!
(There will be a prize for the best answer, but be aware, this is a judged sport.)
5) If you could be a Winter Olympics Champion just by wishing for it, which sport would you choose for winning your Gold Medal?
I'd think biathlon. I used to cross-country ski, years ago, novice level, and I loved how it made me feel. To be able to do that - it's hard work - and then be able to calm oneself so completely and instantly so that I could shoot a small target, that would be pretty darned impressive.
I don't know about you, but I'm pretty much ready for the Olympics to be over. I love it, and appreciate the great gifts of the athletes, but the commentators have run out of fresh things to say and I miss non-ahtletic comedy and drama....